One of the easiest ways to decorate is by framing your holiday cards. Follow the instructions below to create some spooky greetings for your friends and family!
- 1 rectangle 8.5 inch by 5.5 inch black cardstock
- 1 rectangle 5.25 inch by 3 inch green cardstock
- 1 rectangle 5.125 inch by 2.875 inch white cardstock
- 1 rectangle 5 inch by 2.75 inch black and white paper
- 1 rectangle 2.5 inch by 4.25 inch green glitter cardstock
- 1 rectangle 4 inch by 4.25 inch white cardstock
- 1 square 2.375 inch by 2.375 inch black cardstock
- 1 square 2.25 inch by 2.25 inch green cardstock
- 1 square 2.125 inch by 2.125 inch black cardstock
- 1 square 2 inch by 2 inch white cardstock
- 2 inch square rubber stamp
- black ink pad
- 0.25 inch wide black ribbon cut to 4.25 inches long
- glitter spider
- 3 orange rhinestones
- 3 circle brads
- craft glue
- glue gun and glue sticks
Using the black ink pad and the rubber stamp, stamp your image onto the square pice of 2 inch by 2 inch white cardstock. Set aside to dry.
Fold the 8.5 by 5.5 black cardstock in half to create a 4.25 inch by 5.5 inch rectangle. This will create the base of your card.
Using the craft glue, adhere the 4 inch by 5.25 inch piece of white cardstock to the inside of your card so you have a nice surface to write your Hallowe’en message.
Using the craft glue, adhere the 5.125 inch by 2.875 inch piece of white cardstock to the 5.25 inch by 3 inch piece of green cardstock. Then glue the black and white paper on top of these two layers. Glue all three layers to the front of the card centring the piece on either side and leaving approximately 0.75 inch on the top.
Using the craft glue adhere the green glitter cardstock onto the front of the card. The top and bottom edges of the glitter cardstock should be flush with the card. The side of the glitter cardstock should come in approximately 0.75 inch from the left side of the card.
Using the craft glue adhere the green square of cardstock onto the largest black square of cardstock. Glue the smallest black square of cardstock on top of these two pieces creating three layers. Then adhere your stamped (white) piece of cardstock onto these three layers.
Glue this entire section to the front of the card, positioning it approximately 0.125 inches from the bottom of the card and 0.75 inches in from the right side of the card.
Using the craft glue, adhere the black ribbon onto the green glitter paper approximately 0.625 inches in from the left edge of the green glitter paper. Trim the ribbon to be flush with the edges of the card.
Using the glue gun and glue sticks, finish off your card by embellishing with the glitter spider, rhinestones and brads. Use different colours and embellishments to create a variety of Hallowe’en themed greeting cards!